Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Appreciate those who love you even if it's not in the way you want...

So, today is Valentine's Day. Although I don't have a significant other, I was reminded that there are many people in this world who love me and their love is just as important as the romantic sort. I got roses and a card from my mommy. I also got one of the infamous heart-shaped containers holding assorted chocolates from a friend. The "bad kids" at work took me to birthday/Valentine's Day lunch. I even got a plant for my office. An e-mail from an old friend brought a smile to my face. And the various text messages from others simply wishing me a happy V-Day was enough for me to relish in all the PINK, red and white that makes February 14th what it is. Ultimately, even if I didn't share today with the love of my life, the loves in my life made it a special occasion. For that, I am grateful.

No comments: