Thursday, May 03, 2007

Be careful what you ask for... you might just get it!

The wonderful world wide net provides a refreshingly accessible conduit for stalk-... ahem... "researching" just about anyone. But, today, I should have known better than to take the bait. The cardinal rule for my profession is never ask a question to which you don't already know the answer. This followed closely by "deny, deny, deny!" ;-) So, when a friend of mine gave me just enough search terms to discover an online messageboard on which he discusses His feelings about different aspects of relationships... despite my better judgment... I could not forgo the opportunity. CARPE DIEM!

His quips were not terrible. Nor were they directed at me. But, they provided me with a few facts of which I was unaware, and most importantly, were brutally honest, thereby offering a varied insight into His mindset to which I would not have otherwise been privy. (As most know, one is usually less harsh when discussing sensitive topics with those one loves.) The extremely rational (almost to a fault) part of me said, "Pretty, this is the internet. People say all kinds of things that they don't mean when their statements are anonymous." Not a second later, I thought about this (for lack of a better description) online journal of mine...

I keep things vague enough to conceal my identity and that of those involved in my posts (at least I HOPE that is the case!). However, I am strikingly frank when I sit for a spell and write a new entry. The logic that allows me to so candidly write about myself and share my thoughts because I do so using a pseudonym likely applies to Him. And because my curiosity would not let sleeping dogs lie, I have opened a Pandora's Box of sorts.

Wouldn't it be something if this were all part of a grand scheme that He created to lure me to this information? Whatever the case may be, I got what I asked for and much more. And, although I love to unwrap presents to find the treasures inside, these nuggets of knowledge could have stayed under the tree.

2 comments:

1969 said...

Pretty...in this day and age, you can't betoo cautious in the dating stages. If you found something out, then chances are, you were meant to find out for a reason.

It's what you now choose to do with that knowledge :)

Anonymous said...

Everything happens for a reason...right?

-ShandaR