Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Instant Inspiration

I am not a poet by any means. In fact, the following is more "spoken word" than poetry. In any event, I authored what I like to call "Instant Inspiration" in my favorite coffee shop out of the blue. And like Erykah, "I'm sensitive about my s***t!" Enjoy!


I am consumed with thoughts of he
Who does not return my gaze.
His face looks familiar and I see
The striking resemblance is not physical
But all a part of the mind.
Searching for similarities, I find none,
But my own.
So much like me that I can’t fathom how
We’d ever make it.
Too stubborn to move, too
Spoiled to compromise, too
Cynical to love.
Attraction afire and we both know, but
What looks like glitter ain’t always gold, and besides
I ALWAYS get the last word and the last say.
SAY, how could he not requite my attention?
PAY ATTENTION!
OR ELSE!
Or else, what? he chuckles…
For he knows my wrath when met
With nonchalance is just
An idle threat.
You will SWEAT me, he thinks.
I think the same.
Thus, we miss a good thang and it’s no one’s fault but
Our own…

No comments: